We believe that it is important to guide our clients through the maze of regulations, rulings and compliance requirements. At Spector Gadon & Rosen, P.C. we combine logic, creativity, and compliance with federal tax law to create opportunities and solutions (and avoid pitfalls) for businesses and investors. Most income tax issues arise from business transactions. As part of the bigger picture, a tax solution is useful only if it is consistent with clients’ business planning.
We work closely with clients’ accountants so that, wherever possible, we preserve the clients’ financial presentation and advise tax structures consistent with financing needs. We also ensure that our recommendations protect the client in numerous related non-tax areas.
Our attorneys coordinate efforts with your business needs. Among the areas in which we render tax advice are:
- Structure of ownership entities through which a business will operate
- Structure of capital infusions
- Structure ownership of investment by U.S. clients in businesses operating in foreign countries; structure of ownership of U.S. businesses by foreign individuals or entities
- Advice regarding most appropriate terms and structure in the purchase or disposition of assets or businesses
- Advice regarding employment contracts, including numerous incentive compensation arrangements (qualified and non-qualified stock plans; bonus arrangements, deferred compensation, etc.)
- Acquisition, financing and disposition of real estate, including tax-free exchanges and real estate syndications
- Advice regarding “troubled companies” (workouts, debt forgiveness and restructuring) from both debtor and creditor perspectives
- Planning regarding charitable gifts, including charitable remainder trusts and related alternatives
- Tax advices to various not-for-profit entities and foundations (including private foundations)
- Representation in tax controversies (federal, state and local), including collection matters
- Advance ruling requests, determination letters, etc.
- Continuing coordination with Estates & Trusts Group regarding ownership transition (recapitalizations, redemptions, gifts, etc.)
Contact SGR to arrange a consultation.