Intellectual Property Law
Our Intellectual Property Group offers creative, comprehensive domestic and international intellectual property (“IP”) management and strategic planning services. We advise clients on “best practices” related to the capture, evaluation, registration, enforcement and value enhancement of a company’s IP. We craft solutions designed to interface with a company’s current business model to maximize the company’s IP rights while minimizing the impact on the company’s ability to generate revenue. We also offer clients a full range of IP licensing services to help convert their IP into revenue, adding to their top line. Finally, we aggressively enforce our client’s rights.
Representative Services Include:
- Intellectual property portfolio strategies and management
- Trademark prosecution and branding issues
- The Paris Convention
- Madrid System or Protocol
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- Community Trade Mark System
- Domain name procurement
- Copyright registration for written, visual, graphic, sound recording, software, HTML materials
- Berne Convention
- Invention disclosures
- Trade secret protection
- Due diligence related to and formation and execution of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
- Enforcement and Litigation
- Intellectual property best practices
- Intellectual property audits
- Non-disclosure issues
- Non-competition and consulting issues
Clients from a Variety of Industries
Our clients are varied. We represent large public corporations, small closely held businesses, and emerging businesses in the process of developing and managing their respective IP. We also represent artists such as writers, musicians and photographers. We protect the rights of artists, business owners, and others who have creative ideas, great products and intellectual acumen.
Protect your most valuable asset. Protect your intellectual property. Contact the intellectual property group at SGR to arrange a consultation.