Financial Institution Litigation
Clients benefit from our wealth of experience in the realm of financial institution litigation. Whether the issue is a small contract dispute or a huge class action, we mix common sense and creativity to craft strong solutions.
We pursue remedies for banks and financial institutions in a wide range of disputes, from litigating breaches of loan agreements to confessing judgments on borrowers/guarantors to litigating priority of liens issues with other creditors.
Other typical cases include:
- Business Tort Claims: Most notably, we secured a $4.4 million verdict for client Republic First Bank, which had been left without any security in a botched complex real estate case. After the borrower defaulted and was liquidated in bankruptcy, breach of legal duty was found against the borrower’s counsel
- Class Actions: We defend financial institutions against consumer class actions brought pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Credit Reporting & Collection Practices Litigation: Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and state and federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Acts and related claims
- Complex Residential Foreclosure Litigation
- Commercial-Lending Fraud Protection: Commercial finance-related issues, real estate liens, inter-creditor disputes, temporary restraining orders, flawed loans
- Commercial-Lender Liability: Preserving loan collateral, guidance through receivership, fraudulent conveyances, wrongful denial of credit, environmental exposures
Contact SGR to arrange a consultation.