Estates and Trusts
Planning For Your Future
Families and business owners who are planning for the future and for transitions in business ownership look to our Estate Planning and Trust Group for valuable assistance. Members of the group combine their unique blend of skills in estates and trusts, taxation, business planning, life insurance, charitable giving and retirement planning, while remaining sensitive to the personal needs of the families we represent.
Our team has the experience and acumen to recognize both unique and universal problems faced by business owners and their families, and to design creative, tax-effective solutions in response.
Well respected for their writing and lecturing on a variety of Wealth Accumulation and Preservations topics, our Estate Planning team members work with clients to design plans that often save families significant taxes and preserve the foundations clients have built over their lifetimes. Our particular experience includes:
- Counseling in the effective use of life insurance in trusts and businesses
- Designing trusts for multi-generational dynasty trust planning and spendthrift trusts for asset protection
- Establishing family limited partnerships and limited liability companies to help shift wealth to the next generation tax-efficiently and provide asset protection for the family
- Advising family businesses owned by trusts, enabling owners to maintain control of a business while transferring wealth to the next generation with minimum gift taxation
- Development and timing of gift programs, including GRATs and sales to grantor trusts
- Creative charitable planning using private foundations, public charities and charitable trusts for art collectors and clients with philanthropic goals
- Creating living trusts to avoid probate and provide for effective management of assets in later years
- Crafting buy-sell agreements to help preserve businesses and avoid problems faced by survivors when a business owner dies
- Employing trusts and charitable giving techniques to enhance the benefits of pension and profit-sharing plans and IRAs
- Creating trusts designed to meet the needs of “special needs children”
- Probate and the administration of all sizes of estates and trusts
- Advising on elder law issues and asset preservation
Contact SGR to arrange a consultation.