George M. Vinci, Jr.
George M. Vinci, Jr. is a Member of the Firm’s Executive Committee in addition to the Chairman of the Firm’s Insurance and Professional Liability Practice Groups. George focuses his practice on civil litigation with a strong emphasis on professional malpractice, employment and insurance coverage disputes.
Mr. Vinci’s commercial litigation experience involves cases throughout the United States. He was involved in a ground-breaking election fraud case (Marks v. Stenson) in the United States Eastern District Court of Pennsylvania, which was aired on Court TV. Recently he obtained one of the highest verdicts in the State of Kentucky, one hundred million dollars ($100,000,000.) in a fraud case against Grant Thornton. The case involved the sale of an abusive tax shelter. (William J. Yung et al v. Grant Thornton, LLP, et al., Kenton Cir. Ct., Fourth Division, Commw. Of Kentucky, Case No. 07-CI-04647.)
Mr. Vinci has successfully handled a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters including tortious interference, civil RICO, FDCPA, Class Action Wage and Hour disputes and bankruptcy litigation. Mr. Vinci also represents a large number of Long Term Care Facilities in Florida and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Vinci is a member of the American Bar Association, the Professional Liability Underwriting Society and DRI. He served for six years as a panel member with the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Mr. Vinci has consistently been selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer.
Mr. Vinci is admitted to the bars of Pennsylvania, New Jersey & Florida. In addition, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court of the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and Eleventh Circuit.
- Temple University School of Law, J.D. 1988, Cum Laude
- St. Joseph’s University, B.A. 1985
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care Law and Litigation
- Insurance and Casualty Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Professional Liability and Malpractice Litigation
- American Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Defense Research Institute, Professional Liability Sub-Committee
- Pennsylvania, 1988
- New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit