George M. Vinci, Jr.
As Chairman of the Insurance and Casualty Litigation Practice Group, George M. Vinci, Jr. focuses his practice on civil litigation with a strong emphasis on professional malpractice (legal and accounting), lender liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, securities litigation, and insurance coverage disputes. In addition, he has successfully handled many claims involving employment discrimination and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Mr. Vinci has successfully handled a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters including claims involving breach of contract, tortious interference, civil RICO, FDCPA, real estate (lease violations, restrictive covenants, mortgage foreclosures, condominium disputes), fraud and bankruptcy litigation (commercial loan defaults, preference claims). More recently, Mr. Vinci has developed a large practice in Florida and Pennsylvania defending nursing facilities against claims of residents’ rights violations, employment disputes and contractual matters.
His commercial litigation experience involves cases throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Florida, Kentucky, California, Nevada, Delaware and Puerto Rico, and other countries, including Italy. He was also involved in a ground-breaking election fraud case (Marks v. Stinson) in the United States Eastern District Court of Pennsylvania, which was aired on Court TV. Most recently, he obtained one of the highest verdicts in the State of Kentucky, one hundred million dollars ($100,000,000.) in a fraud case against Grant Thornton involving the sale of an abusive tax shelter. William J. Yung, et al. v. Grant Thornton, LLP, et. Al., Kenton Cir. Ct., Fourth Div., Commw. Of Kentucky, Case No. 07-CI-04647.
Mr. Vinci is a member of the American Bar Association, the Professional Liability Underwriting Society and DRI. He served for six years as a panel member with the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Mr. Vinci has also been selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer.
Mr. Vinci is admitted to the bars of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Florida, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and Eleventh Circuit. Mr. Vinci received a J.D. with cum laude honors from Temple University.
- Temple University School of Law, J.D. 1988, Cum Laude
- St. Joseph’s University, B.A. 1985
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care Law and Litigation
- Insurance and Casualty Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Professional Liability and Malpractice Litigation
- American Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Defense Research Institute, Professional Liability Sub-Committee
- Pennsylvania, 1988
- New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit