Amy L. Christiansen
Amy L. Christiansen focuses her civil litigation practice on the defense of nursing home claims, legal malpractice, employment discrimination claims and general commercial litigation. She also has experience in products liability and toxic tort litigation.
Won an appeal of a summary judgment granted in an employment discrimination case in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Tried a nursing home negligence case and obtained a zero damages verdict in Lake County, Florida.
Assisted with and successfully won jurisdictional defense of large construction company in the Eleventh Circuit of the United States Court of Appeals.
Won several appeals of motions to compel arbitration in nursing home litigation in various Florida District Courts of Appeal.
Ms. Christiansen is admitted to practice in the state of Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
She graduated from Stetson University College of Law, cum laude, where she was an editor of the Stetson Law Review and received her undergraduate degree from the University of Tampa.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D. 2002, cum laude, Editor, Stetson Law Review
- University of Tampa, B.A. 1999
- Employment Law
- Health Care Law and Litigation
- Insurance and Casualty Litigation
- Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Member